Nuclear Physics Institute of the Czech Academy of Sciences is looking for a Senior Scientist to complement their existing group dealing with ion beam modification and synthesis of nano and microstructured materials, radiation defect evolution study in 2D materials and other materials, radiation hardness testing and modification of nuclear materials in general by energetic ion beams, ion beam technology and instrumentation for ion beam analytical methods, ion beam elemental tomography etc.
- A PhD degree in a relevant topic with high quality research output in the leading scientific journals and conferences.
- A track record working with state-of-the-art technologies in ion beam technology, nuclear physics and/or solid state physics, material science and the clear ambition to develop oneself in a direction of synergy between material science and energetic ion beam physics.
- A clear and ambitious research vision.
- Applications from candidates with a track-record and vision for ion beam physics and applications will be particularly welcome.
- Effective communication and organization skills.
- Strong cooperation skills and the ability to work in teams.
- An ambition and ability to lead students and or assist in their theses preparation is highly welcome.
- Experience in acquiring external research funding from (inter-)national funding bodies or industry is an asset.
- Excellent proficiency (written and verbal) in English.