The Ion Beam Laboratory (IBL) is part of Laboratório de Aceleradores e Tecnologias de Radiação (LATR), a Research and Development Laboratory of Instituto Superior Técnico (IST) of University of Lisbon.
The accelerator group is biased to develop fundamental and applied research using ion beams. The IBL comprises a 2.5 MV Van de Graff accelerator, a 3 MV tandem accelerator, a 210 kV ion implanter, and a nuclear microprobe equipped with multiple experimental chambers to support a wide scope of activities in scientific domains as varied as materials characterization and modification, nanotechnology, health, biomedicine, environmental sciences, and cultural heritage.
Besides the conventional ion beam techniques, IBL offers the possibility to measure in-situ and simultaneously Ion Beam Induced Charge (IBIC) and Ion Beam Induced Luminescence (IBIL). In addition an Accelerator Mass Spectrometry (AMS) system with a microbeam allows isotope depth profile.
IST’s main areas of competence:
- multidisciplinary research center: materials science, nanotechnology, health, bio medicine, environmental sciences, cultural heritage
Role in RADIATE:
- Work package leader: “Common Standards and Data Management”
- Task leader: “Training the Next Generation”
- Contribution to joint research activities
- Task leader: “Multiparameter Data Filtering and Analysis” IST’s role will be the development and application of a data interpretation software for ion beam analysis
Campus Tecnológico e Nuclear (CTN)
Instituto Superior Técnico
Pólo de Loures
Estrada Nacional 10 (km 139,7)
2696-066 Bobadela LRS
Phone: +351 219946086