A two year postdoc position for “Multi-scale atomistic simulations of effects of ion irradiation on two-dimensional materials” is available at HZDR’s ion beam center in Dresden, Germany.
- carry out multi-scale atomistic simulations using time-dependent density-functional-theory and analytical potential molecular dynamics aimed at understanding the effects of ion irradiation on two-dimensional transition metal dichalcogenides
- develop the dedicate software for modelling the interaction of highly-charged and swift heavy ions with two-dimensional materials
- closely collaborate with the experimental groups involved in the project.
- PhD degree in solid-state physics, computational physics or materials science with very good marks
- experience in first-principles atomistic simulations (time-dependent density-functional theory calculations, Ehrenfest dynamics, molecular dynamics, etc.)
- good scripting and programming skills
- excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- readiness to work in an international team and closely collaborate with experimentalists
Applications have to be submitted online by 01 March 2019. Visit HZDR’s website for more information on the postdoc position.